Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I don't need you, I have a granola bar!

Today I was at school, munching on a granola bar walking to second period, and all of a sudden a notion came into my head that just caused a crazy epiphany.
"I don't need you, I have a granola bar!"
Now, the way I'm making it sound so far is "who needs you when I have food! I'm an obese person who finds consolation in junk food when I'm feeling down."
But that certainly is NOT it.
I don't know, things just sort of clicked into place.
I'm not even sure what things or what place.
It's an indescribable feeling, I suppose.
I can only say that it was nice and I hope that someday you experience something like that.

On a less puzzling note, yesterday was the 6 year anniversary of 9/11.
But I'm sure you already knew that.
I'm curious to know.
Has anyone heard of that General Strike thing that was supposed to happen?
Did anyone do it?
I wasn't going to do that because I didn't fully understand the purpose.
See, I assumed, when I heard the words strike, that it was going to be some sort of rebellion or rally.
I found that to be riddiculous because as I stated the other day on a different website, not buying McDonalds for a day or not doing schoolwork won't change the fact that there is a war raging a couple thousand miles away and it CERTAINLY won't change the that the 9/11 terrorist attack did, in fact, happen.
However, as I have just been informed, it was mainly just a day to remember those who died unnecessarily without the distractions of school or shopping or work.
Well, that's a noble enough cause, I suppose.
But hey, I was still sitting there doing my algebra instead of thinking about dead suvillians all day.
Thoughts?

forever yours, November on
-L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats With The Granola Bar Thing!
Seriously, I'm Glad Fer You.

About 9/11, As You Kno, I Did The Strike.
I Also Think Strike Is A Bad Word For It.
I Myself Was Confused, But Yeah. I Just Did What I Felt Right.
You Know? Well, My Friend And I Are Going To Start A Petition To Make It A Holiday.
Care To Help Us? =D
Love Always,
Lizz (Ha, Now I'm Part Of The FOUR Camp L's)

Anonymous said...

Good words.